Dexter Public Health Association, Inc.|
P.O. Box 185
Dexter, Maine 04930
Telephone: (207) 924-7215
Fax: (207) 924-7817
President: Nancy Hoskins
Vice-President: Jill Jones
Secretary: Jan Rines/Judy Russell
Treasurer: Carla Witham
Nurses: Brenda Clarke & Diana Bray
Copyright © 1999-10, Town of Dexter Maine, All Rights Reserved |
The past year has seen many changes and challenges in our economy. Cost of living continues to rise, as well as medical costs and care. However, because of the generosity of the towns of Dexter, Garland and Ripley, the Plummer Foundation and through gifts from you, the citizens of these towns, we have been able to continue to offer in home nursing care to anyone who is in need in our area, completely free of charge. Our services have not changed from those listed in previous years. They include but are not limited to the following:
Any donation you can make at this time will be very much appreciated! Thank you for your continued support.
- Nurses available for home visits Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Visits to any area (Dexter, Garland, Ripley) newborns and moms.
- Blood pressure clinics every Wednesday at the Miller's House, 8 - 10 AM
- Monthly B/P clinics at each of the four senior citizen housing complexes.
- Weekly B/P clinics at Dexter Meals for ME.
- Assistance with baths, dressing changes, diabetic teaching and mnay other areas of personal care as well as physician-ordered care.
Marita Farrar, President
About Dexter Public Health Association, Inc.
The Dexter Public Health Association was organized about 1930. It is a non-profit organization operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and supported by the contribution of Town funds, local charities, private gifts, and bequests. It serves the needs of Dexter, Garland, and Ripley residents. Two nurses are employed in the office, which is located in the Millers House, adjacent to the municipal parking lot in Dexter.
Office Hours: The nurses are in the office every Wednesday from 8:00AM to 10:00AM. You may make calls to the nurse's office when the nurse is not in, and an answering machine will record your messages.
Home Care Services:
- Bathing and assistance with dressings
- Blood pressure readings
- Foot Care
- Instructions for self-care and home administered medications
- Child Health Concerns
- Assistance with referrals to other agencies
- Assistance to individuals and family to establish a healthy lifestyle during and after pregnancy
Blood Pressure Clinics:
Every Wednesday 8:00AM-10:00AM at the office
Monthly 10:30AM-11:30 AM at Meals for ME
monthly on Wednesday 1:30PM-2:30PM at the four elderly housing sites in Dexter
A limited supply of equipment is available for loan at no charge. Included are walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, crutches, etc. A small refundable deposit is required on some new items. Donations of equipment to increase our loan inventory would be greatly appreciated. We also accept used eye- glasses and hearing aides.
Brenda Clarke, R.N.
Fran Seamans, L.P.N.
Page design by Judy Craig Consulting ~ Updated: