Flu Shots available in Penquis Region Tuesday, October 07, 2003 |
DOVER-FOXCROFT - Flu shots will soon be available through Penquis region physician practices. Some practices have already scheduled flu shot clinics, while other practices will be setting dates throughout November.
People at highest risk of complications from the flu are urged to get their flu shots early. People in the high-risk group are 65 and older, and those under 65 with chronic illness, including heart and lung diseases, and diabetes. People not in the high-risk group may receive their shots any time during the months of November and December. Peak activity for the flu season typically comes between January and March, so vaccinations given in December will be effective. Physician practices in the Penquis region are providing flu shots through the following schedule:
Getting an annual flu shot is an inexpensive, preventive action for almost everyone, and the flu shot in many cases will cost nothing. Physicians participating in Medicare Part B will charge the federal government, not the Medicare patient, for the shot.
- Corinna Family Practice, 278-3238, Oct. 13 and Oct. 23, 8-10 a.m.
- Dexter Family Practice, 924-7349, flu shots starting week of Nov. 3, watch for upcoming clinic schedule.
- Dexter Internal Medicine, 924-5226, walk-in services available for established patients during normal business hours in October; walk-in services for the public on Monday afternoons from 1-4 p.m. Nov. 3, 10, 17 and 24.
- Dover-Foxcroft Family Medicine, 564-3424, flu shot clinics starting week of Nov. 3, watch for upcoming clinic schedule.
• Lesley Fernow Medical Associates, 564-7131, walk-in service available from 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14 and Oct. 21.
- George Kousaie Family Practice, 564-7126, walk-in service available for established patients starting Oct. 14 during normal business hours.
- Guilford Medical Associates, 876-3547, flu shot clinics starting week of Nov. 3, watch for upcoming clinic schedule.
- Milo Family Practice, 943-7752, flu shot clinics starting week of Nov. 3, watch for upcoming schedule.
- Three Rivers Health Center, Milo, 943-8848, shots available on walk-in basis during regular office hours, starting Nov. 4, on Tuesday afternoon, all day Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon.